Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program
Abu Dis, Palestine
This distinctive program offers intellectually curious students an unparalleled academic experience: the chance to study with Palestinian students at a college dedicated to the pursuit of intellectual inquiry, the promotion of critical thinking, and the open exchange of ideas and opinions . The Al-Quds Bard College for Liberal Arts and Sciences — located in Abu Dis, a neighborhood divided from East Jerusalem by the separation wall — is at the vanguard of liberal education Palestine. As a result, it is a dynamic and intriguing location to spend a semester abroad.
Participants in the Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program will:
• Attend academically challenging classes taught in a seminar style, including courses analyzing a range of discourses surrounding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
• Build meaningful connections with Palestinian students, both inside and outside of the classroom;
• Sharpen Arabic language skills, acquiring the vocabulary necessary to navigate daily life;
• Undertake an internship, putting into practice theories and ideas from readings and classroom debates; and
• Live in Ramallah, a vibrant Palestinian city, and participate in a wide range of cultural activities.
April 1st Fall 2012 Semester
November 1st Spring 2013 Semester
Generous scholarships are available for students with financial need.
For more information: http://www.alqudsbard.org/abroad