The University of Maryland invites your students to participate in the UMD Summer Language Institute in Arabic and Persian this Summer 2014. We wanted to reach out to you directly about this opportunity, as fellow educators who strive to promote the teaching of critical languages and cultures.
With low flat rate tuition for both in and out-of-state students (just $6,000 for 9.5 weeks), small class sizes, and dedicated faculty, this is a great way for your students to get a head start on language learning, to maintain their language over the summer, or to take courses in a language or at a level that may not be possible at their home university.
UMD Summer Language Institute highlights:
· One full academic year (12 credits) of language learnin in one intensive summer
· Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced instruction
· Language partners for additional support, one-on-one speaking practice, and tutoring
· Varied and interesting hands-on cultural events and field trips, making the most of our proximity to Washington, DC
· More than 35 hours of in-language coursework, language partners, and cultural activities per week
· Competitive scholarships available to help offset the cost of attendance
· FLAS funding eligible
Additional information about our Arabic and Persian Summer Institutes can be found at our website:
I also encourage you to watch our short video about what makes our program unique.
Please contact us with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org, and thank you for taking the time to learn more about our programs.